Sky+ with no phone line

Brik

I know there is an old thread on this but it is now 2 years on so I was wondering if there was an update.

I have a Sky+ box (connected via a phone line for 9 months so far) but moving soon to a new house with no phone line and given past experiences (6 months to get the line from Eircom) I wanted to go VOIP for my phone. Is it possible to just connect my dish to the new house and go from there without the phone line? Or do I need a line.

Failing that, I'm moving to Maynooth, so does anyone know if any of the cable companies serve Maynooth.

Thanks

You can pay sky something like €35 to connect without a phoneline when you are getting sky plus installed.Not available for multiroom though.

We have normal Sky, but moved in and got a dish installed before the phone line and have since not connected the Sky box to phoneline. Most local Sky agents can do it for you as far as I know!

Got Sky+ in 2 years ago. The installer would not set up unless it was connected to a phone-line.

Sky wont give you sky+ wihtout a phone line. They will give you normal sky without a phone line if you pay a "fine" of 35 yoyo I think, but they will not give you sky+ without one. If you purchase your own box and dish, then they will give it to you, they just wont usbsidise a box.

Wexfordman

Back