Sky TV: What's the installation process for Sky anyone?

sullyman

What's the installation process for Sky anyone?

Getting phone line hopefully installed tomorrow. Can Sky come and install the dish soon after which will allow me to have some channels whilst waiting on a new Sky Card?

Re: Sky TV

It's unlikely that Sky will come out and install the system without the viewing card.

You could try an independant installer I suppose, though that will be unlikely also. They could install the gear, and you never activate card, so they're out of pocket (they don't get paid until well after the card has been activated) and you got free gear.

Re: Sky TV

You can also get cordless phone lines that just plug into the socket beside the SKY box.
I just moved from NTL to SKY and was very happy with their customer service. I had SKY in my last house but moved to NTL as it was in this house. Their bad customer service was the only reason I moved. I would happily pay SKY 50% more than use NTL again.

Same here. Chorus are also brutal. Yes, i've seen those cordless gadgets mentioned here on AAM so will get some in Maplins

First you ring SKY Ireland 1890 247999, they will post a contract to you and order your viewing card. Officially this card takes 7-10 days to arrive from Scotland but I recieved mine this week in 4 working days. Once you have the card you ring Sky Ireland again and they arrange the installer to come and install. They say it will be done in approx 2-3 days (I am waiting for this but it has only been 2 days). You pay the installer E45 and he installs the dish, cables and box. Then apparently you plug the card in and you are up and running.

When we got ours we just rang Sky, ordered, got an install date of about 2 weeks and within 3 days we got the contracts and Viewing card in the post.

Thanks guys. I received cards today and installation date set for Monday so i need more assistance please.

I don't wish to have telephone cable running all over the place so have read here on AAM about One for All Telephone Extenders.

Can someone with a fairly new Sky+/HD installation confirm the one for all product works