Sky TV messing up broadband

Green

Had Sky tv installed last week but cannot seem to get it and broadband to work at the same time. The Sky installer put in new phone cabling from the phone point to the sky boxes so that has affected . Anyone have similar suggestions or solutions (before I ring Sky) ....thanks

Re: Sky TV messing up broadband ..........

I had exactly the same problem....the filter cured it !

Thks for the replies...What is a microfilter and how do i use it? I have a connection downstairs and one in the bedroom

You need to have a filter between your box and the phone connection. I have 2 boxes, phone, fax and wireless modem - I needed a filter for each, bought a 3 pack from Roches, don't think they were expensive.

Thks for the replies...What is a microfilter and how do i use it? I have a connection downstairs and one in the bedroom

a filter splits the line so that the digital adsl signal does not get interfeered with by the digibox..

should cost around €10-€15 euro... it looks like a phone spiltter...

should cost around €10-€15 euro... it looks like a phone spiltter...

Bit less I'd say, I paid around €6 in Harvey Norman and he ain't cheap!

Both ports on a filter are usually named -'ASL' and 'Phone'. They are a bit larger than a matchbox.

The broadband provider usually throws one in with the modem. You might have overlooked it it's so small. Nearly looks like a phone line splitter except one output is for your modem and the other is for your phone line (and Sky+ jiggery pokery). Have a look in your broadband modem box.

Fnarr fnarr.

You don't have to have the Sky box connected to the phone line so why not try disconnecting it. It's cheaper than buying anything !

If you have Sky + or HD it has to be connected to a phone line. You run the risk of losing service otherwise.