sky tv contract issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave_m11

Hi,I need help.... Can anyone offer me advice.

I subscribed to sky over the phone about 3 months ago. at that time there was a special offer on the internet, something like 2 months free movies and sports and 2 months half price service.

I emphasised at the time that i could easily subscriber over the net, but if i did it over the phone would they give me the same offer? they sadi yes they would.

low and behold, they have charged me the full price 69every month. I have made 6 phone calls talking to india/scotland...no use. So I cancelled my direct debit. Now they are coming after me. I told them I have no issue paying what i agrred to pay every month 15 for first two months and 25 after that. They say they have no record of this initial conversation. I have asked for the transcript ofmy initial conversation. I can't get anyone to talk to me.

So I'm thinking of going to the small claims court....any ideas.
It was a verbal contract, but I had to sign soe other things too, to say I wouldn't default on payments for 1 year. I've never gone to small claims courtbut now its a point of principal. I know it will probably cost me more in the long run, but i feel i have to

Status
Not open for further replies.