Sky+ screen size wrong?

pennypincher

Has anyone noticed that some channels on Sky+ look too big for the screen.i.e. the text on page runs off the sides of the tv?Didn't have this with ordinary Sky.I have adjusted TV to try and compensate but no luck.RTE2 is fine I can read the RTE2 logo on screen fine but on RTE1 the E is partially into the side of the TV...also seen this on Channel 4 tonight when there is text on screen (weather etc ) I can't view it all,it's almost as if I have Zoom selected as the screen size.

Hi,
I have Sky + with a regular 4x3 TV and it automatically readjusts fine depending on whether its a widescreen broadcast or not - something that ntl often failed to do. There is a sky+ scart setting that needs to be set to ensure this works.
I'm guessing you have a widescreen TV but it may just be a combination of the TV and sky+ settings. Also do you use SCART to connect?

Yeah we're using a scart alright but I don't see anything about the settings.Is this on the sky box...does it automatically re-size the screen so you can view all the available info?

I have a LG 37in flatscreen and the same problem. definitely on sky freeview. Doesn't seem to matter if you adjust the picture or screen settings.

The Sky box by default will output a 4:3 picture, you need to set it to 16:9. Go into services : picture settings : picture format.

Might be worth having a look at [broken link removed].

The Sky box by default will output a 4:3 picture, you need to set it to 16:9. Go into services : picture settings : picture format.

Might be worth having a look at [broken link removed].

We had the same problems as outlined by the op except we only have basic Sky. Our TV ( Panasonic 32" LCD) was set at 16:9 during this time. I've since changed the screen size settings to " Auto " and it seems to have sorted out the problem for all stations.