Sky remote contol

wigwam

I put new batteries in the remote but still it doesn't seem to be working properly. Only the up and left button work for about a half hour and then all the other buttons start working. Anybody have this problem before?

Not this particular problem. However we have replaced the sky remote control twice because the volume button stops working and anyone else I know that has sky has also said that the volume button doesn't work after a couple of months. When I have phoned sky they said that they do not replace the remote control. I don't think it is covered on guarantee

You can buy replacement sky remotes - I saw one recently in either Maplin or Curry's or one of those shops. You'll find them on eBay too I am pretty sure.

This is exactly what happened to ours and after trying all sorts with the helpdesk Sky told us we'd have to buy a new one. They only last a couple of years and Sky don't post them to Ireland.

Pure luck we walked into DID Electrical and there they were - not too expensive either and easy to reprogram.

When my batteries went in the sky remote I replaced them but to restore full functionality I had to get a book from my local sky deler and input a code..it has worked perfectly ever since..

Pure luck we walked into DID Electrical and there they were - not too expensive either and easy to reprogram.

What reprorgamming is invloved?

My folks' remote is on its last legs and I am thinking about getting them a new one.

Re programing involves typing in a code in otder to let the remote know what make of television it is controling ie volume & tv channel +- etc.
Each make operates on a different set of remote instructions and this code tells the sat remote which type of signals to send to the TV

Hi

Just to add, Im pretty sure I saw them for sale in Tesco recently also ... don't think they are expensive to replace, so this may be the easiest option.

Cheers

G>

The problem may be that no code can be found, i.e. the TV is around 10 years old and I doubt they still have the manual. It's a Nokia-few and far between around nowadays I imagine.

The problem may be that no code can be found, i.e. the TV is around 10 years old and I doubt they still have the manual. It's a Nokia-few and far between around nowadays I imagine.

The Logitech Harmony range of remotes, although more expensive than the Lidl variety (starting at €50 and going up), are very customisable and supports products from thousands of manufacturers.

I own two of them - the 550 and 885. I just logged into the Web client to check and Nokia is a supported manufacturer. If you give me the model number, I will type it in and see if it supports it.

I have abooklet with all the codes for different tellys for that all in one remote. codes might be the same. What brand is the telly and I can forward them by pm