Sky Quad?

Violet Rose

Hi All

Dont know if the title is correct- Basically a friend of mine had sky installed and the guy who installed it told her about "quad" - he said its a devise or piece of equipment that attaches to the sky dish and it will receive the movies and sports channells for you at no extra cost on your bill. You basically pay for this devise and the person to install it.

Has anyone else heard of this - maybe not spelling it right - but according to my brother in law its not legal but does work.

Any suggestions

Last edited:
Re: Sky Quad - ?????

You can't split a signal from a sat dish. The LNB is the box that sits on the arm in front of the dish. A standard single LNB feeds one box. A dual LNB feeds two boxes (or one Sky+ box) and a QUAD Lnb feeds 4 boxes, or 2 Sky+ boxes, or 1 Sky+ box and 2 boxes.
Its totally legal. You could get a QUAD LNB fitted, use it to feed your standard Sky box that are pay for every month and then go and buy another box, connect it to your LNB and use it to get free to air channels such as BBC, ITV, Sky News etc.

Re: Sky Quad - ?????

....and use it to get free to air channels such as BBC, ITV, Sky News etc.
Is the movies/sports etc. coming from an additional device which the quad LNB is going to connect to?

I can't see any way of getting premium channels for free legally. May still be worth it just to get the FTA stuff.

Like the previous posters I think you may be confusing a multiple LNB/satellite feed setup with what signals the actual LNBs are receiving. Multiple LNB setups are useful if you want to point a single dish at multiple satellites and/or have multiple feeds from the one setup. Whether or not you can see premium/encrypted/subscription content is a completely separate issue depending on what decoders/cards etc. you have.