sky+ problems

gramlab

Seem to have a lot of problems since I changed to sky+.

1. "No satellite signal" has happened a few times - 1st engineer said box was dead and get a new one, 2nd adjusted the dish saying it had moved, same for 3rd(showed me the reception screen and seemed to make sense, but have had sky for 5 years prevoiusly and this never happened with that)

2. Now the record and watch a different channel ability is gone. If I want to record I have to watch it as well. Try to watch another channel and "no satellite signal" comes up. Message sometimes comes up without recording but affects different channels each day.

SKY+ is one of the best buys I have made (when it works) so I dont want to get rid. Has anybody else had similar problems and what was the outcome. It seems the explanation or reason is different depending on the engineer that calls out , or the person who answers the call from customer service

Switch off the box from the mains. Let it 'rest' for a few minutes. Turn it back on again. If the problem continues get a new box.

well something up with one of your tuners. Either a cable issue or else the tuner itself is gone.