Sky Price Increase

themetunegal

Hello,

My DD for Sky TV came out today and I noticed that the price had increased. I rang Sky to find out what the story is and find out that they enclosed a notice with their last Sky TV Mag advising customers of the price increase.

I never read the Sky TV guide and it usually goes straight from the postbox to the recycling bin. (I've asked to opt out of the TV guide on numerous occasions but to no avail).

Does anyone else think that Sky should write a letter to each customer (not enclose a notice with the magazine) advising of such matters?

Absolutely! I don't get the mag so not sure how they planned to let me know. We're considering dropping some channels as we're paying a huge amount for stuff we don't use or could live without.....this increase has just made that decision a tad easier.

Cheers Bubbly Scot, at least it's not just me!

The actual increase isn't that much (for us €26 - €27 per month) but I had also thought of reviewing the package that we are on - we don't watch half the channels as it is.

I really don't like their method of communication with customers. They also did something similar re opting in / out of marketing information a few months ago and there was near uproar over it.

They weren't too helpful when I rang up either (although I'm sure they'd had plenty of other people ringing up to give out, so I was one in a long line of complainers!).

The missus always looks throught the magazine so I noticed the price increase.
I subscribe to the basic package plus the movie channel and Sky Sports. I never watch the movies and I am sick of the over paid prima donnas in the Premier League (much prefer LOI) so I rang to cancel the movie and sports package as I didn't think it was worth in excess of €70 a month. The basic package is in the low €30s so I wanted to revert to that.
I rang the 0818 number and I got through to Scotland (after about 10 minutes) and rather than cancelling they offered me the same package for €9 for 3 months and at the end of the 3 months I can again make a decision on whether to cancel Sports and Movies or not.
I will probably still cancel but 3 months of SKY (plus movies and sports) for €9 each month aint bad value.
It may have been a once off but its worth trying...

That's very interesting The_Banker. I'll definitely try the negotiation tactic if reducing the number of packages I take.

I wonder if they'll give me a Sky HD box if I ask nicely? (wishful thinking!).

:)

I rang the 0818 number and I got through to Scotland (after about 10 minutes) and rather than cancelling they offered me the same package for €9 for 3 months and at the end of the 3 months I can again make a decision on whether to cancel Sports and Movies or not.
I will probably still cancel but 3 months of SKY (plus movies and sports) for €9 each month aint bad value.

My friend got a reduction too when she called to cancel some of her package, when she called back after three months to cancel they gave her a further three months discount. I'm sort of hoping they offer me this too...would take me nicely through the Christmas season :D

really need a new HD box too but I doubt I'll get that, good deals going for new customers though :mad:

Hello,

My DD for Sky TV came out today and I noticed that the price had increased. I rang Sky to find out what the story is and find out that they enclosed a notice with their last Sky TV Mag advising customers of the price increase.

I never read the Sky TV guide and it usually goes straight from the postbox to the recycling bin. (I've asked to opt out of the TV guide on numerous occasions but to no avail).

Does anyone else think that Sky should write a letter to each customer (not enclose a notice with the magazine) advising of such matters?

I actually did get a letter notifying me of one euro increase!.

The missus always looks throught the magazine so I noticed the price increase.
I subscribe to the basic package plus the movie channel and Sky Sports. I never watch the movies and I am sick of the over paid prima donnas in the Premier League (much prefer LOI) so I rang to cancel the movie and sports package as I didn't think it was worth in excess of €70 a month. The basic package is in the low €30s so I wanted to revert to that.

Did this for Setanta a few months ago and got a similar deal....

Back