SKY+ on Lcd TV

burger1979

Hi folks,

Recently I got SKY+ installed and am using it on a 42" full HD LCD TV. However I have noticed that some of the programmes I watch are rather 'pixel'-ated. You can notice that when people move you can see the pixels in the screen and it makes it look like the screen is judderinig around the moving part. On other channels its not there at all and when I am watching DVD's there is nothing (normal scart lead connection not HDMI).
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem or noticed it aswell with SKY+. The tv is a Philips 42PFL5603.

Thanks,

burger

Some of less popular channels can be transmitted on a lower bit-rate... is this a main-stream channel ?

Some of the channels I was watching were Living/Dave/Watch etc. (was flicking around to see if anything good was on have been doing that a lot since i got it, 200 channels and nothing good on!!!!) then i switched over to TV3 to watch Italia 90 revisited. when the were interviewing some of the people, when the sun light was reflecting off steve stauntons red head for example, it effected the picture and it turned to that 'pixel' effect. it was only momentary but still a bit off putting. the wife says she cant see anything wrong with the picture (but she wears glasses sometimes and is a bit short sighted).

Some of less popular channels can be transmitted on a lower bit-rate... is this a main-stream channel ?

Some of the channels I was watching were Living/Dave/Watch etc.

Jhegarty is right...channels like Living, Dave etc. look poor on any LCD I have seen due to the low bit-rate broadcasts. It's a disgrace really and I don't know why they do this but it can reallly take the viewing experience away. All LCD TVs need a good quality feed to shine.

Would you get the same on a plasma screen? I am looking at new TV's and the plasma's in teh shops seem to have a better picture.

yeah i will try fiddle with the tv settings when i get home and see what happens.

conshine i dont know if you would get the same on a plasma tv screen. my friend has a 32" plasma and it looks well its also a philips. plasma screens are only meant to last about 50K hours or something like that so thats why i went with LCD. there is a thread about LCD v Plasma in the useful links section of this part of the forum.

thanks for the replies folks.

burger.

yeah i will try fiddle with the tv settings when i get home and see what happens.

plasma screens are only meant to last about 50K hours or something like

Don't know if this is true but even if it is when you think about it, it is a long time. If the TV is on 10 hours a day that's 5000 days or about 14 years!!!

plasma screens are only meant to last about 50K hours or something like

And most have a life of 100k hours, which is more than the lifetime of the telly by years and years so....

Have a look here op -

Back