SKY Installed 4 days, not working...

ci1

Can anyone advise on what might be the problem here before I ring SKY to complain.

I got it installed on Saturday. RTE/TV3/Network 2 etc are coming up as not available. It is fine sometimes and then it just freezes and the picture goes off on other channels.
I was watching it for about an hour last night and all of a sudden it was saying no Satellite signal being received on some channels, and on others it was saying the channel was experiencing technical difficulties!!

Is this the norm, I'm in an apartment block with a shared satellite, could the problem be that??

Any experts because I'm clueless....

Sounds like your dish is a bit off..... do others on the same satallite have an issue ?

if yes, then the dish needs to be nudged...
if no, then your cable may be unscreened at some point...

No satellite signal certainly suggests that dish/LNB configuration could be off. It needs to be spot on for reliable reception and even then heavy rain etc. can interfere with the signal.
if yes, then the dish needs to be nudged...
Er, I think there's a bit more to it than that! The dish needs to be correctly aligned vertically (elevation) and horizontally (azimuth) and the LNB will need to be turned (skew) appropriately. A decent installer should know how to do all of this is his/her sleep.

Sorry to clarify, by nudging I meant slightly realigned to be perfectly in line with the satellite....

not give it a shove like it may have seemed

I know that you know this but others might think you mean give it a kick or something!

Well I won't be kicking it cos its up on the roof and I won't be able to reach.

so should I get SKY back out or is this a job for the management company??

thanks,

If the thing was not installed properly then it's presumably the installer's responsibility to sort it out and deliver properly on the service requested.

Just check your signal under setup. You should be getting at least 75%.

Also tighten the connections coming into the back of your box. Rush install could mean loose connection.

I had this problem a few months ago. It was actually the Sky box itself. Got a new box (was still under warranty) & no problems since.