Sky Installation

sullyman

Getting Sky installed Monday. All cables are in attic and i have 3 TV cables wired to a socket in the sitting room to avail of Sky+/HD. Have heard of lazy/dodgy Sky Installers who do a quick/not neat job.

What is the best way to tell the Sky Engineer to install same as i don't wish unsightly wiring to be seen on the roof.

Can they just install dish, drill a hole in a slate and patch up and attach to wires in Attic? What is the norm?

Specific Sky Installers generally will not enter your attic space. I believe it's to do with insurance, or lack of.

Drilling a roof tile isn't really a good idea, IMHO. Maybe put dish on a gable wall, and drill through to attic space? Of course, this is only possible if your house is detached on the side the dish needs to go on.

If you want a good job done to your spec, it might be worthwhile going to an independant sky installer/retailer instead like a local electrical shop.

Sky+/HD will use two feeds to the box, what you could do is get some CT100 cable yourself and wire this to the two lines that will be connected to the box. Feed the ends out under the roof line where they will be convenient for the dish and the installer should have no problem hooking them up to the LNB for you.

Bear in mind that planning permission is required to put a satellite dish on a chimney.
Leo

Back