SKY Installation

Tubbs

I am very much at the end of my tether.

I have been trying to get SKY installed in SE of Ireland for the past 9 weeks and it just got worse today after I thought it would be all sorted.

An offer was on at work to get SKY World package half price for 6 months.

I cancelled my cable connection and I applied for Sky in November. Between then and now a combination of no Sky card turning up and no engineer turning up it was finally going to be all resolved today. All the planets were aligned...so I thought.

Engineer came and I had the SKY card. He was about to start putting the dish up when he asked if I had broadband.
I do.

He said that he wouldn't be able to install/activate SKY using a broadband telephone line and I would need to pay for a 'no phone' connection. €37.50

He suggested I rebook an engineer !!

He went off and very angrily I phoned the SKY cust services to pay and rebook. It took another 2 hours on hold to get this arranged for another two weeks time ! I hate them!

However just as I was handing over my card details I asked whether I still have the special deal of 6 months Sky World at half price. He said nope - you need to be connected to a phone line for this.

OUTRAGED I am.

The real mystery of this is that most of the people in my company (due to the nature of the company) have broadband installed. So none of them would be able to avail of this offer !!

I am tempted to go back to Chorus - someone stop me.....

Hi,
I haven't seen any other company with such a bad customer service so for.....I had got 2 installation appointments both didn't go ahead....There is no mistake from my side (first one didn't happen because the installation person didn't turn up...I rebooked it again ....this time also didn't go ahead since the installer caller me and said I don't have the viewing card so it won't go ahead....)

At least they should stop taking booking until they complete the back log of installs...its ridicules to play with customers just like this asking them to ring and wait for a day ...

They know we don't complain so they are taking it easy and making their profit.....

-Joel