Sky digital

L

ladyluck

hi, I have just bought a new house and my boyfriend wants to get sky digital so he can get sky sports, i on the other hand do not want to lose chanel4 or utv. is there a solution to this that will keep both of us happy and not cause us to seperate before we have even moved into our new house!!!!

ITV are supposed to be going free to air in the next month or two, not sure if this includes Channel 4 or not.

Yes, keep chorus & get digital
Get NTL digital pack, they've a special offer on this month, you get all regular channels & then you can get sky sports added

- then all you'll have to fight over is the control.....

ntl sounds good, will check out if i can get in in my area, am in kildare so not too sure of my options.. thanks for ur help!!

keep in mind that sky will have e4 which is basically c4 for digital...it has a high percentage of the standard c4 programmes. If ITV is being popped on the sky platform I'd go with sky as I've found sky really stable it hasn't dropped on me in 3 years of service... and thats all that concerns me!

ITV will be available to you with a Sky box next year. Get onto any friend in the UK and have them order a FreeSatFromSky card...search for it in here...i have mentioned it before. or g oto www.sky.com and find it.
You can order it with a UK address, get them to have it activated it....then post it to you...when you want to watch Channel 4 or Channel 5 you just pop in that card. IN fact, with that card, and provided you have an aerial for RTE1,2 TV£ and TG4 you could get
RTE1
RTE2
TV3
TG4
BBC1 to 4
ITV1 to 4
Channel 4
Channel 5
Sky news, BBC kids etc for free.....

But if you get new Sky connection you have minimum contract of 12 months

Looking at previous posts about this on AAM, they have the comment that you need to make sure the box is unplugged from the phone when you put the FreeSatFromSky card in the digibox.