Sky Digital - no dish

kmelvin

Hi, is it possible to get Sky without a dish - i.e. a Wired connection?

Thanks

is available, but it's not that common. Usually only done for whole developments AFAIK.

'Sky by Wire' is available, but it's not that common. Usually only done for whole developments AFAIK.

Is it as the name suggests the SKY service delivered by cable?
This would be great for apartment dwellers who dream of having SKY but are stuck with NTL.

Yes, that's what it is, but it isn't that great at all to be honest (I had it through Broadworks previously).

Sky with a dish beats NTL IMHO, but Sky by wire isn't the same as having your own Sky box (no EPG, no red button, no Sky+, etc)

Yes, that's what it is, but it isn't that great at all to be honest (I had it through Broadworks previously).

Sky with a dish beats NTL IMHO, but Sky by wire isn't the same as having your own Sky box (no EPG, no red button, no Sky+, etc)

Which are the gripes most people have with NTL/Chorus/AN Other...you're dead right about SKY with a dish, far superior.
I'm trying to find out what sort of "quorum" Sky have for want of a better word for supplying their full service to an apartment complex. One dish supplying multiple customers sort of thing. It's a joke that people in apartment can't get teletext, Sky+ or HD TV.
Even harder to get a consensus from a disparate group of residents!

I'd say you are better off contacting an installer/satellite company as opposed to Sky themselves.