Sky Digital - Moving House

sabrina

I was on to Sky re what we do when we move house. Just said - take box, cables and card. I read on their website that to get reconnected in our new house that therw will be a 'small fee'! How small or is it a new installation charge all over again? (Oh.... and when i ask the girl on the phone how much the charge would be she hung up!!! Very professional!) Any info would be great?

As far as I can remember it's €65 (for a standard install of a replacement dish) - check the inside back page of your Sky Customer Magazine - it'll give you a more definite answer on price.

S.

You should be able to do the installation yourself, have a look at other houses in the area to see where the dish is mounted, connect your mounting frame and then connect the dish to the frame. Then using the signal test menu option move the dish up/down right/left until you get a signal and tighten the dish connection. There are quite a few webpages that explain in detail how to find the best signal.

Don't get the moving package if you can help it. Register again using your hubby/boyfriends e.t.c name and start off as a new customer. I moved last year and thought i'd just pay the moving charge to save hassle. Girl I spoke to said just take the box and give them a call a day or two before i moved. Moved on the 25th Oct and was told it i was booked in for a call on the 2nd Nov. Waited around that day and when no one called i rang sky and was told the reason was that i was booked for the 2nd of Dec. After a lot of shouting i was just repeatedly told they were very busy and were sorry if there was confusion. If i had just registered under my wifes name i would have gotten a new system, free movies e.t.c and the job done a lot faster. Have a good think about it