Sky Box and Freeview

Danmo

Hi

I have a skybox but didn't buy the skycard or subscribe to sky.

We have RTE TV3 via a "rabbits" ears (reception is awful) and BBC, UTV, SKy news through the box.

Would it be worth my while buying a freeview card in UK? Will it work in the sky box and what additional channels would I receive?

Thanks!

Three weeks ago I would have said yes but since ITVs went free to air November 1, I think that the only extra channels you will get with a card are Channel 4 and Five. So if you want to pay 20 pounds for these two.....?

I presume you have ITV News, 1,2,3 and 4 as well as BBC1,2,3 and 4,BBC News on the box.

Hi

Yes, you are right.....we have about 10 different BBCs...Wales, Scotland etc, we have UTV, Sky News, loads of naff channels (quizzes etc). I really miss E4 and Channel 4 tho - sad I know! I don't mind parting with the money once it works and the satellite police don't come after me..........

HTML:
I presume you have ITV News, 1,2,3 and 4 as well as BBC1,2,3 and 4,BBC News on the box.

Does this mean that if I have a skybox I can now get ITV1 and 2? Already have tuned in BBC 3, so am wondering about the others.

Yip. Handiest way is to check last Sat's Irish times magazine, at the start of the TV listiings it gives you the codes you need or check out the sticky on boards.ie satellite forum [broken link removed]. It is easy to do, you add the channels to your other channels menu and away you go!

Great! Will try when I get home. BTW that link doesnt seem to work or maybe its my connection.

If you search the internet you can find the frequency for ITV and tune it in manually....not that I'm an expert or anything.......