Sky at Night

T

Teabag

There is nothing as beautiful as a clear sky on a cold winter night. I remember as a kid lying down on the ground gazing up at the stars in awe with numerous thoughts running through my mind. It was liberating and at the same time a little bit daunting. I lay down the other night and took it all in. Twas the first time I had done it in years and it was spectacular. A whole new dimension. Try it.

how did you cope without the thistles??, and I presume you werent naked in that cold.....

Know what you mean re stars, but I prefer a brisk walk under a bright moon and maybe not so cold and an occasional glance at the stars.

I suspect aforementioned star gazing works better is the countryside where no streetlighting and "real dark"

You'd get frozen to the grass now!

And we Irish produced a Shackleton and a Crean !

All you need is a wooly hat and a decent jacket and lie on the driveway for 3/4 minutes.

Betsy, an occasional glance is what we mostly do, but when you are horizontal, you realise the magnificence of the night sky.

Truthseeker... I knew you`d be lurking around this thread and throw in your tuppence worth somehow :D haha ya dirty thing. bit of horizontal action... go away with yourself haha....

Teabag started it - he got me going with all this talk of being naked in a field of thistles in the rain :)

There is nothing as beautiful as a clear sky on a cold winter night. I remember as a kid lying down on the ground gazing up at the stars in awe with numerous thoughts running through my mind. It was liberating and at the same time a little bit daunting. I lay down the other night and took it all in. Twas the first time I had done it in years and it was spectacular. A whole new dimension. Try it.

Teabag, do you know R.L. Stevenson's " Escape At Bedtime " ?

Teabag started it - he got me going with all this talk of being naked in a field of thistles in the rain :)

There is nothing sexual about my odd 'hobby'. Just your filthy mind. Strictly a summertime activity due to lack of thistles at other times.

There is nothing sexual about my odd 'hobby'. Just your filthy mind. Strictly a summertime activity due to lack of thistles at other times.

Im shocked Teabag, I meant no sexual innuendo at all!!

'Horizontal action' - lying on the driveway looking at the stars.

'got me going' - I became enthusiastic about the great outdoors!!

Tsk, tsk, accusations of a filthy mind and me the most repressed person you could meet ;)

Sure apparently she wants to run away with me Teabag - the filthy little minx!

I think we're getting a little off topic now.

Saturday night will be clear (and cold) so take a break from Tubridy, throw on a hat&coat and lie outside for a few minutes and take it all in. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. If you give it time you'll definitely see a falling star. Think of all the miles it has travelled and from where..only to end up burnt to nothing in our atmosphere (hopefully !)

I love this time of year, November is always a downer but December is great - we only have 17 days before the days start to lengthen again and we have the run up to Christmas.

My pleasure.....

The lights from the kitchen and parlour shone out,
Through the blinds and the windows and bars.
And high overhead, and all moving about,
There were thousands and millions of stars.

The Dog the Plough, the Hunter and all,
The Star of The Sailor, and Mars.
These shone in the sky, and the pail by the wall,
Was half full of water and stars.

They found me at last, and they chased me with cries,
And soon had me tucked up in bed.
But the glory kept shining all bright in my eyes,
And the stars going round in my head

Saturday night will be clear (and cold) so take a break from Tubridy, throw on a hat&coat and lie outside for a few minutes and take it all in. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. If you give it time you'll definitely see a falling star. Think of all the miles it has travelled and from where..only to end up burnt to nothing in our atmosphere (hopefully !)

I love this time of year, November is always a downer but December is great - we only have 17 days before the days start to lengthen again and we have the run up to Christmas.

Please be sure to let us know if you spot any UFO's of course! ;)

Really only 17 days?? I honestly hate the short evenings. I love when they start to lengthen out again...

Back