Skoda Roomster

elainem

Does anyone have any opinions on the new Skoda Roomster. I know its only new. I was thinking of changing to Octavia Diesel, but with two kids, I was now thinking of taking a look at Skoda Roomster 1.4 diesel. Though I don't know what ncap rating it is, or how it fares in terms of safety in comparison to the Octavia 1.9 diesel.

The Octavia is What Car? Best small family car for 2006, say no more. It's been around, proven reliability and safety and has strong residuals especially in with the diesel engines. I think the car is huge and can more than cope with your 2 kids.
As for the Roomster, it is too new to tell what it's gonna be like. IMHO it has the quirky looks of a Citreon berlingo, but then maybe you like that.

ya, unless you like the look of the Roomster, I can't think of any other reason for choosing one over the Octavia, apart from the fact it can be got it 1.4 diesel.

I just checked out Skoda's website to see some pictures.....the Roomster looks the biz! I'm not sure what market segment they're aiming for though....? Are they trying to take some of the Fabia's market share? (PS I already have an Octavia)

Back