skoda oil light

thefisherman

the oil light in the girlfriends 01 skoda comes on and starts beeping now and again,(and yes, there is oil in the engine)it usually goes off after a while,some time it does not come on at all for a week and it might come on afew times in a day. seems to be no pattern to it,mechanic can see nothing wrong with the car and thinks it is an electronic fault, today the gf said she heard a different sound from the engine that that went off after afew miles. she is going to mechanic tomorrow,anyone have any ideas what the fault is in the meantime??

Could be an oil pressure problem,get mechanic to check pressure with an externally mounted oil pressure gauge.Low oil pressure may indicate engine wear(expensive) or some other pressure problems that may be fixable,either way get the pressure checked.

As the owner of a Felicia Estate 1998, I would not take too much notice of it - if the dipstick shows oil. I find it to be so reliable, good on fuel, a quick pull away and, although not as high speck as modern cars, more than enough for my (heavy) wear and tear. The oil light occasionally blips on - you get used to it.

Back