Skoda Fabia Lost Key

janedoe06

Hi there ,
Just a quick question.

My parents bought a 00 Skoda Fabia there recently enough, but only got one Key with the car.
My parents are fairly old and a second key would have been useful to them.
My father has ended up losing the key some where !.
They bought the car from a local garage owner who bought it from some dealer in Cork.
How do they go about getting a replacement key now ?
as 1 they cannot move the car , eventhough it is opened to drive it
2 Because the car has a chip in the Key ,will it be difficult to get a replacement as they did'nt get any Card with a code on it or anything
3 i understand it could be expensive even if they did
4 A while back i rang up the a skoda dealer in dublin asking about how u'd go and get a replacement key cut
and he advised that the car would need to go to the dealership for an hr or two as it is then that they Cut the key , and code it from the main dealership etc and ensure it is working
5 Is their fabia car, now a fancy paper weight ?? with no key
Regarding finding the Lost key , its unknown where my father put it , as he is getting very forgetful lately and we have a farm so it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack
Please advise ???

Hi

You should be able to get a spare key from the VIN number of the car, it should not be that hard, I think the main dealer should be able to do this for you with out sending the car in to them, or else email the skoda factory to get the info.

the VIN number is either on the bottom of the windscreen, or stamped on a plate under the bonnet (or else just check the log book)

If the car is insured with Hibernian, they cover the replacement of lost keys under some of their policies.

I had the same problem with my Toyota Yaris and a locksmiths got me sorted for 95 euro.

Back