skirting

M

mickman

hi
i have a house that is 4 months old but im unhappy with the skirting. some seems to have been varnished, the rest dosent. dont get me started on builders / painters . it appears very dirty etc. the door frames seeem to be fine. what is my best course of action for the skirting???

What do you mean exactly? If the house is only new you should take this up with the builder (although such a defect should have been identified during snagging). If you want to sort it out yourself it's simply a matter of rubbing down with sandpaper and refinishing I suppose?

should they be cleaned with white spirit first before sanding?

yes but they have gotten dirty by the builders of course. they were then varnished. is there a way i can sort this out? i cudnt b dealing with the builders, they are apes

what kind of sandpaper should i use to get off dirt or would sugar soap do the job for me

I think its something that the builder should sort out myself. It would be a lot of work to re sand and varnish them. Getting them all the same might not be easy. Never done it myself though.

thanks for all the help. i have decided to paint them off white .