Skills Visa for Australia

angel40

We are thinking seriously about applying for a skills visa for Australia, sick of the weather here and would love to give it a try.

I have been looking at the migration service providers on the net and was wondering if they are any good. Does anybody have any experience in dealing with them. Has anybody applied for this kind of visa and if so how long did it take from start to finish to obtain.

Any comments welcome.

When I was contemplating going I dealt with visa first - very good to deal with!

Decided to postpone the travelling for a while but will defo be getting the visa soon - as far as I am aware you have 12 months to enter Aussie once the visa has been granted!

Good luck!

theyve been doing talks around the country every month. I was over there myself last week and theres huge demand for people with skills

Hiya...spent nine years in Australia and applied for permanent residency using an agent...Used a company called Consultrade and a lady there called Denise Jenner...I must say they are brilliant..Would highly recommend the service. Very professional....Immigration legislation (the small print) seems to change so often and they are always up to speed with the process....Not sure if she is still there...Would be worth a phone call to them..

Thanks for your replies. We were thinking of applying at the end of this year/v early next year. I went onto the visa first web page and I will try to get to their talks soon.
Lauren are you back in Ireland now, and how did your nine years go in Oz, is it all its cracked up to be?

Hi! Yes been back a few years now...Loved Australia and New Zealand, lived in both....Spent most of my time in Sydney but travelled a fair bit...Great outdoor living, nice quality of life...At the end of the day though, to live in Australia, you still have to work, Mondays are still Mondays etc! I came home for family reasons...parents getting old etc..Don't regret coming back and will no doubt return to visit some day but not in a hurry!

Thanks for that Lauren, I have two small children 3 and 7 so it would be a big move for us but then life is an adventure, and we can always come home.

does anyone know a good site to talk you through an application for permanent residendcy,in australia.i think i would have enough points,i know it costs 2100aus dollars,i just want to be sure i have it filled in properly,as it would cost twice as much to engage a migration agent.also does anyone know about gadra clearence,ie the section to apply to and about how long it takes,are there fees ?i am applying as a skilled migrant.

There are a couple of fairly recent podcasts on this subject from Joe Duffy's liveline programme. Essential listening if you want an idea of what to expect in Oz at the moment. Highly recommended.

I went through the skills migration process a number of years ago, did it all myself and can not see any reason why you would need to engage a migration agent to fill out forms for you. Get the skills migration kit and application forms, identify your skills and get the relevant papers together, its easy.

Back