Skills Exchange

nightdude

On a recent trip to Belfast, I got speaking to a few locals who spoke to me about what they called "skills exchange".
I thought that it was an interesting concept in there times, as it involved no money exchange for services. The people I spoke to, one a tiler & the other a landscape gardener, had agreed to work on each other's new build houses in exchange for the other's skill / trade.
They mentioned that a local network of skills exchange had become popular in the locality & quoted the example of a plasterer exchanging skills with a guy who owned a limo firm for the plasterer's daughters wedding, etc, etc
I was just wondering if anyone had heard of a similar scheme in R.O.I. and if they had any contact details if such a thing exists?

hiya nite...I know its a few months since your post...just found it...I'm setting up a website where you can do just what you're talking about...skillswapireland.net...should be live in a couple weeks...check it out...

I remember seeing something about this on Nationwide a good few years ago. Can't remember what town in Ireland it was in.

Back