Skiing in the USA

Mourinho

Anybody been skiing in the States - any recommendations, tips etc? Most likely destination would be North East i.e. fly into Boston.

I used to ski in New Hampshire, north of Boston when I lived over there. Here is a useful link : [broken link removed] I ski'd in a lot of these resorts and the quality was generally excellent.

I'm assuming you'll be going to the states for other reasons as well?

Have only skiied in Europe, but I believe the best skiiing in the US is on the west coast (Rockies). Also given the distance/time to get there, people tend to go for 2 weeks, 1 week skiing, 1 week regular hols.

Excatly Tiger, 1 week skiing and probably 5 days city break or something like that. Just an option at this stage but wanted to get some initial views. Thanks for help.

I haven't been there in winter-time so can't comment on the skiing, but you might consider Vancouver and neighbouring Whistler and Calgary. The Winter Olympics will be there in 2010 so there is significant investment going into developing a whole range of winter sports there. This is Canada, not US, but might be of interest to you.

I skiied a lot in Lake Tahoe in California. Lots of resorts there, good skiing and breakthtaking scenery!

I've been to Lake Tahoe also...beautiful slopes...and you can gamble and smoke to your heart's content in the Nevada-side of Tahoe!