Skiing in Norway?

Lorz

Thinking of heading to Norway for a few days skiing over Christmas. Has anyone any experience/advice. Cheap flights daily from Dublin with Ryanair. Apparently slopes are 30mins from city centre?

Do Ryan Air fly into an airport close to Oslo?
I flew with them into Haugasund but that is way out on west coast between Stavanger and Bergen. I know there are some heli-sking centres north of Bergen but it is a hell of a drive and I would not fancy it in depths of winter.

Ryanair fly to Sandefjord Torp airport which is approximately 140 Km from the city of Oslo. There is no rail connection to the city. There is a bus service, operated by Torpexpressenfrom that is located outside the terminal building. Journey tiem is approximately 1hr 45 minutes; cost is 130 NOK.

I know the Ryan Air flight into Haugasund is perfect if you want to explore the fjords and the west coast but Norway's roads suprised me.
The roads are narrow and by the time you have negotiated the fjords and the mountains it takes an eternity to travel what appears a short distance on a map.
But on the plus side the scenery is magnificent :)

Back