Ski in Italy

149oaks

I have done the self made package (flights, trains, hotel etc) to Garmisch twice already with 3 children (now 15, 13 & 10) for 5 days (we find this is enough). I'd now like to take them to Italy preferably the Aosta valley and possibly Livigno in the next couple of weeks. Can anyone give me some links/details re trains to resort, Apartments/Hotels that are close to train station and ski lifts. Web addresses for ski stations so I can see prices of passes and gear hire. Ideally I'l like fly into Linate or Malpensa and train it from there though it might be am option to drive. Thanks.

if your willing to book last minute I booked livigno for 3 people online with panorama for 260 each (that included a supplement as 3 people in a 4 sleep apartment). Booked yesterday fly's out saturday. You might get a similar bargain if you avoid easter/paddys

I went to Livigno with my family over Christmas and the new year. We flew out from Dublin to Bergamo with Ryanair and got bus to livigno from the airport 25 euro each (we got taxi back for 5 of us for 260 euro) It is about 3 and a half hour trip alot of people give out about it but I didn't find it that bad. We booked an apartment from the Livigno website and bought our ski passes and rented our gear when we got there (works out cheaper). It was a great success. If I can be of any further help to you regarding your trip get back to me.

Tks Hans. Can you give me the web addresses for booking the Apartment, Ski Passes and Gear Hire please. Looks like i'll be driving then but that's ok.

www.livigno.eu. and click the english version (unless you speak Italian)If you buy your ski passes and rent gear when you get there you will get a better deal and you will have no problem doing this.

Back