sizing for rads - How?

NOAH

I have extended a bungalow to 2,000 sq ft and it is now t shaped. I have a boiler house at back of lets say garage and I am getting an oil fired condenser boiler. Plumber called late last night, I am not in house, and left the rads against the walls where he intends to site them. They are a mixture of solo and quinn round top. I found the plans I gave him and he has written on the various rooms the rad sizes eg 600 x 2 = equals a double fin and so on. All very well but when I look at the smallest enuite he has a 600 x 2 but in the ensuite twice the size he has a 500 x 2!!
I know one en suite has all block walls, the small one, and the large one has stud partition on 2 sides block on the other 2 with a 1500mm of wall facing the outside, this has window in it.
Before I ring him I want to be on firm ground when I mention sizing.

Is there a quick reference for working out the size of a rad to heat each room. eg what would I need for a bedroom with bay window 10' x 12' x 8'9" ceiling height?? It has a 520 x 1000mm double in it propped against the wall.

This is an old bungalow and I want to get the CH right and it is costing me a fair penny in cash so dont want any msitakes.

Thanks

noah