Sixteen new penalty point categories. What does "distorted windscreen" mean?

johnwilliams

hi folks
just heard there is 16 new penalty points coming in 2012
one concerns a distorted windscreen ,can some one explain what that means

Going back to the tinting, tinted windows reduce already limited visibility at night and in poor weather. It makes sense that there is a legal limit and it is enforced?

Topic reminder: Cars & Motoring >

If possible please keep to the topic of the sixteen new penalty point categories, what they mean and how they will be enforced.

Specifically what does "distorted windescreen" mean? Is is tinted windows, or perhaps its mist on the inside or frost/ snow on the outside or perhaps its damaged windscreens or faulty "fun fair mirror" glass in the screen?

It seems to me that its the "fun fair mirrror" defective glass they are aiming at. The following thread from Oz? suggests that such glass while rare in the OEM market can occur in the Replacement market.

Drivers dont notice it and some report causing nausia and dizzyness.

Jun 20, 2006 (4:28 pm)

Well, I took a rock to my windshield on I-95 and had to replace the glass. Acura dealership recommended a company that they use, and I called them to schedule a replacement. Replacement seemed fine, but my short (OK, petite) wife noticed some optical distortion along the bottom 1-2 inches of glass as well as in the corners. Her passenger at the time noticed it too. Glass repair outfit said that the windshield was under warranty and that the distortion was considered a defect, so they came out and replaced the glass again.

They said on the radio that it was tinted windscreens, those not made of safety glass or windscreens were a logo or the like obscured a large proportion of the windscreen. So basically it is going after the boy racers.

Back