Site layout for planning - changes

hanorac

I've put in for my planning, they have come back to us with a few bits of missing information, however we've discovered that the engineer didn't do the site layout in the way we wanted (couldn't get him to send a copy before submission and the site is the wrong size - too big, house needs to move 12 meters and the garage is facing the wrong way)
Anyway he was to be redrawing it 2 weeks ago and now has come back to say that he'll put it back in as it is and we can make changes later.
Now, how flexible are they when it comes to making changes later, i though it would have to go through some process again thus taking more time and it would be easier to sort it now.BTW I'm in the UK and he's in Irelandso its been impossible to control this.

Get your changes organised now while the planning application is being processed. Moving a house by 12 metres later will most likely get you into bother somewhere along the line.

The fact that the site is the wrong size is a serious issue. Technically it should invalidate your application - though sometimes they do waive it. I would personally query the Planning Dept., if they indicate that it is a problem, get your engineer to resubmit the application at his expense.

The other issues *may* be able to be dealt with by way of further information - depending on the local authority in question and their own interpretation of how significant those alterations are to the overall development and its relationship to neighbours etc.

Ring the Planning Dept. in question, talk to the Planner dealing with the application, ask him/her to confirm that it is ok and if not get your Engineer to deal with it.

Just to back up what Superman has said - it sounds like your Engineer is either being lazy or has a million things on (more likely)...

If it is something that the engineer needs to do, have him do it before putting the application in as it'll save you time, stress and hassle in the long-run. It is you that is paying him after all!!

Back