Singapore travel - vaccinations needed?

J

jj2005

I'm spending one night in Singapore on the way to Australia. Will I need vaccinations for Hepatitis, Yellow Fever and TB?
Most websites I've seen say that a vaccination is sometimes needed.
On the way back I'm travelling through Bangkok (no stopover). Do you need to get a visa (or vaccinations) when you're just travelling through and not actually leaving the airport?

Have a look at the vhi website:
[broken link removed]
and
[broken link removed]
and
[broken link removed]

I don't believe you need a visa if you're Irish visiting Thailand as a tourist for fewer than 30 days.
[broken link removed]

I've been to Singapore twice.

Once with work for a week and didn't get any vaccinations etc - the company I worked for had an office there and as far as I recall no one who travelled there on short trips ever got vaccinations.

On the other occasion, it was part of longer trip which included India and South East Asia, so I did have hep A and B vaccinations, but not TB or yellow fever.

If it was me, I wouldn't bother.

Hi
Why don't you check with the Tropical Medicine Bureau http://www.tmb.ie/ and see what they advise? (No affiliation by the way).
You might better off getting professional advise on this one,as it's dodgy business travelling un-vaccinated,
Happy travelling!
Nicola

If just staying in sinapore no vaccinations would needed - singapore very clean and modern. Coming back, if only touching down in Bangkok wouldn't need any vaccinations - would really only need them in Thailand if travelling outside of Bangkog

Wouldn't bother with them - Singapore is as modern as Ire - its a major city, and in one night it would be very surprising if you picked up anything, I travelled thro Seoul this yr for one night and have to say it never even crossed my mind to get any shots - too cheap prob to pay for them anyways!!!!

you should be ok for singapore-its an amazing city...and the food!! oh god.
Bangkok is a different kettle of fish tho. get your shots and sleep under a mozzie net.

Enjoy...luky you!!

Back