Laya Simply Connect - renew or change?

Mona G

Hello All,

My private health insurance renewal is due on the 1st August. I am on the Laya Simply Connect plan.

I am 45, non-smoking and have no dependants. I don’t need maternity cover. I need to consider more regular medical check-ups and screenings + maintenance trips to the physiotherapist (an old injury is raising its ugly head).

Is Simply Connect still one of the best plans on the market for a person with my needs? Or perhaps there is out there a similar or a better plan already that I could switch to for a similar price?

I will greatly appreciate all your comments and advice.

Mona

@Mona G I am in the exact same boat - currently on Simply Connect and need to decide what to go on next year. The price has gone up marginally from 1100 to 1132.50.

I did notice that Laya are bringing out 4 new plans on 1st July 2019 - one of which caught my eye - Inspire !

https://www.hia.ie/news/laya-price-increases-benefit-changes-and-plan-retirements-releases-01072019

Cost appears to be 1100, and looks to be modeled on the Simply Connect plan. My quick comparison was that you surrender some coverage on orthopedics and get a much higher limit on day to day expenses in return. It might be worth looking at

I will probably hold off until the plan is out and then do a proper comparison. I am not sure I need orthopedics just yet, so it may be better suited to my needs at the moment.

Did anyone sign up to Simply Connect plan?I'm on Control Create 300 and I'm thinking of switching to either Simply Connect or Simply Health Choice but I'm not sure which is better.....

I am in the same boat, and after scrutinizing the two I have decided to switch to Control 300 create. It really is a fabulous policy with excellent everyday medical expenses.

Back