Silverstone Race Course

sepmilo

Does anyone have any information on buying tickets/dates,
thinking of heading off March/ April?

theres a company in london called just tickets. I have their number somewhere so I will post it here tomorrow ( today)

cant find the number but if you go into justtickets.co.uk you will see that the home page is dedicated to grand prix and silverstone in particular. also see that if you book before jan 31st there is a saving of approx £39. I got tickets off them before and they were ok. 1999 the year that Michael crashed at silverstone. Good Luck.

A couple of tips - stay in Northampton where there's a range of accomodation and get the bus to Silverstone. There's always a mega traffic jam surrounding the circuit but the bus uses all the tiny back roads and gets you there in no time - only about £5 a ticket!

Sarah

www.rea.ie

Sod you Sepmilo. you have given me an itch thats hard to scratch. Just checked expedia and you can fly from Dublin to Istanbul on Thursday 24th August and return on Tuesday 29th ,4 **** star hotel b+b from around £350 stg. Does anyone know how far the new grand prix track in turkey is from Istanbul. I watched the race on tv last year and was very impressed by the track and the race itself. Silversone looks like a kip in comparison.

"Silversone looks like a kip in comparison."

Strong words without any justification!!!!!!!!!!!

been to silverstone. by modern grand prix standards the place is way out of date. like saying lansdowne road is a modern football stadium. Silverstone was scratched last year and was only reinstated after a lot of very heavy political clout was brought to bear. Bernie Ecclesstone wanted it scratched permanently and it was very nearly changed to brands hatch but that circuit is nowhere near modern granx prix standards. remember the year it rained? twenty mile tailbacks to the track. and as Sarah W says above the access roads are brutal. If it wasn't the BRITISH grand prix it would be history. Same could be said for the Brazilian one too. Turkey is a fantastic track.
anyway back to original question. Anyone know how far from istanbul to the track?
cheers

cuchulainn said:
been to silverstone. by modern grand prix standards the place is way out of date. like saying lansdowne road is a modern football stadium. Silverstone was scratched last year and was only reinstated after a lot of very heavy political clout was brought to bear. Bernie Ecclesstone wanted it scratched permanently and it was very nearly changed to brands hatch but that circuit is nowhere near modern granx prix standards. remember the year it rained? twenty mile tailbacks to the track. and as Sarah W says above the access roads are brutal. If it wasn't the BRITISH grand prix it would be history. Same could be said for the Brazilian one too. Turkey is a fantastic track.
anyway back to original question. Anyone know how far from istanbul to the track?
cheers

Did you ever hear of heritage?
Bernie is only interested in making money. If he wants to scratch something , its because he can make more money elsewhere.
Do you think Silverstone is the only sporting event with 20 mile tailbacks.
I was at the British Grandprix when it was ran at Brands Hatch(early 80's), and it took 6 hrs to get to south of the Thames.

Anyway back to original question , the track which is named Istanbul Park is located 55km form city center. See link for info on track http://www.formula1-istanbul.com/f1/en/?Map

thanks SB: Lot wiser now.Dont know of any airline flying direct from Dub/Bel to Istanbul but suspect even if they did it would cost as non of the no frills do it. The deal with expedia looks ok when you consider the price of accommodation around Grand Prix circuits elsewhere.55 kms is quite close so I expect there will be plenty of transport to and fromt he track on race day. Spain will probably be out because of Alonso. Spa is the best track but suspect accommodation is expensive. Stephens green travel and Moy & Page charge an arm and a leg for organisted trips. I wasn't knocking Silverstone for effort or the the track itself. one of the better overtaking circuits( though that word is a joke nowadays). Really enjoyed the race that year. we stayed in Birmingham and there was an organised bus to/from the track. Have to see now if I can find out if better half is interested in the weekend break. wont be interested in the GP but might be tempted by the shopping in Istanbul. Thanks for the link its pretty cool.

Back