Signing on once a year

sooty

Hi everyone, i took voluntary redundancy in 2013 and haven't worked since. I get a note every year from the Social Welfare requesting me to go and sign annually for my contributions - will this cover me for my Contributory Pension down the road, im abit confused with this part of info from the Citizens Information website....

To qualify for a credit you must have worked and paid at least one PRSI contribution at PRSI Class A, B, C, D, E, or H and have paid or credited contributions in either of the last two completed tax years. For example, if you are applying for credits in 2019 you must have paid or credited contributions in either 2018 or 2017. If there is a gap of more than two completed tax years you must work and pay contributions for a further 26 weeks before you qualify for credited contributions.

I have viewed my statment on mygov.ie and it does show 52 reckonable credited contributions for pension since 2014. I would hate to come to pension age and be told i hadn't enough years stamps built up.

Thanks everyone

Sooty

You must have a minimum of 10 years paid A contributions to get a minimum State Pension. After that credits are as good as Paid contributions . So keep signing on for credits until you get to State Pension age (66 or 67). It’s no hardship.

Oh im not saying its hardship!!! its no problem at all.... i have over 20 years contributions made via employment - the website was just confusing me ....thanks for the prompt response.

Sooty

Back