Signing for stamps

Jordan Belfort

I believe signing for stamps is a once a year task. This year for me it is scheduled the second week in September.

Does anyone know if it's always a specific day/date or week in the year ?

Assuming you are over age 62, you sign-on once a year. They normally give you a date and time. If not, contact your local Intreo office.

I am also doing the same and I opted to sign online. I have been called in next week. It's a personal appearance and is in a different part of the building than the signing area I believe so I suspect it's the same for everyone. I am younger than 62.

When you are called to sign on do you get questioned/queried about job searches or your cv. Do you have to show proof of your efforts to find employment?
I am due to sign on in a couple of weeks and am in my late fifties. I'm concerned that I will be grilled!

When you are called to sign on do you get questioned/queried about job searches or your cv. Do you have to show proof of your efforts to find employment?
I am due to sign on in a couple of weeks and am in my late fifties. I'm concerned that I will be grilled!
No need to worry. There is a mass sign on on that day. Just join the queue. There will be a notice on the wall stating that you must be resident in Ireland, be available for and actively seeking work. It states that you must agree to it's contents. You are not asked anything about the terms in the notice by the Intreo staff. They just look at your PPS card and ask you to sign. Generally it's an interesting hour or two. The banter in the queue is often amusing.

No need to worry. There is a mass sign on on that day. Just join the queue. There will be a notice on the wall stating that you must be resident in Ireland, be available for and actively seeking work. It states that you must agree to it's contents. You are not asked anything about the terms in the notice by the Intreo staff. They just look at your PPS card and ask you to sign. Generally it's an interesting hour or two. The banter in the queue is often amusing.
Thank you.....And do you know is it roughly the same date/week every year ? I just want to be 100% sure I'm absolutely available that day next year ;-)

Thank you.....And do you know is it roughly the same date/week every year ? I just want to be 100% sure I'm absolutely available that day next year ;-)
It is usually roughly around the same date each year. I can remember for certain but I think it was the same weekday each year.

If you happen to be unavailable due to being away on holidays or unwell, you can contact Intreo and they are agreeable to let a person sign on on another day.

It is usually roughly around the same date each year. I can remember for certain but I think it was the same weekday each year.

If you happen to be unavailable due to being away on holidays or unwell, you can contact Intreo and they are agreeable to let a person sign on on another day.
It's a while since we did this and would agree that it's normally in and around the September time

But as far as I can remember (Correct me if I'm wrong) the same rules apply for this signing as do for normal signing on
as in your supposed to be looking for work and if you're going on holidays or are sick you technically should be informing the social welfare

Back