signing contract without loan cert

Hi,

I did, although the solicitor advised against it, we would have lost our house without signing. Since then we have got the loan offer and it was sent on to the solicitor. If you are in any doubt over being able to secure a mortgage I wouldn't sign but if your ok with the mortgage you should be ok.

Be very careful about doing this. Just because you have pre approval form the bank it doesn't mean that they are going automatically issue you with a loan offer.

You should bear in mind that a rise in interest rates reduces the motgage amount that a person qualifies for so becuse you have been approved for x amount in the past you may not qualify for that amount in the future.

If you have 10% to throw away sign without loan approval - if not you should reconsider

Hel_n said:
Be very careful about doing this. Just because you have pre approval form the bank it doesn't mean that they are going automatically issue you with a loan offer.

You should bear in mind that a rise in interest rates reduces the motgage amount that a person qualifies for so becuse you have been approved for x amount in the past you may not qualify for that amount in the future.

If you have 10% to throw away sign without loan approval - if not you should reconsider

we have full approval , the bank just havent issued the offer to solicitior

Well if your confident that the loan offer is on its way to the solicitor and that there is no unusual conditions attached to it then you should be ok to sign.

For the sake of waiting a couple of days for the bank to send the loan offer to the solicitor, would you not hold off signing?

Hel_n said:
Well if your confident that the loan offer is on its way to the solicitor and that there is no unusual conditions attached to it then you should be ok to sign.

For the sake of waiting a couple of days for the bank to send the loan offer to the solicitor, would you not hold off signing?

unfortunately i dont have a couple of days to wait

Well if you don't have a couple of days to wait and if you're sure your mortgage has been full approved then sign. If I was in your position though I would ask the bank to fax a copy of the loan offer just to be sure I could fulfill all the conditions attached to it.

Hel_n said:
Well if you don't have a couple of days to wait and if you're sure your mortgage has been full approved then sign. If I was in your position though I would ask the bank to fax a copy of the loan offer just to be sure I could fulfill all the conditions attached to it.

I am tearing my hair out at the moment trying to do that, but bank are taking forever for some reason

Back