Siesta Dorada Apartments, Cap Salou

Bonafide

Has anyone been to these apartments? The online reviews are the usual mixture of brilliant to terrible. We are looking for somewhere away from the main resort of Salou. Preferably quiet family apartments closer to La Pineda than Salou.

Hi not really helping u but we stayed in International 11 in salou in the month of June few years back. First time in either Salou or an apartment, inlaws has booked in there and it suited us to join them at the time. Salou was brillant, had 6 kids altogether couldn't have been more family friendly. Apartment was fantastic, clean, convenient etc. Would def stay in one again. Whole week for 2 adults and 1 child €450.

I hadn't condifered there as we do want easy access to Port Aventura, Costa Caribe & Aquapolis.

What is it like?

We've gone here for the last seven years and are going again this year - our kids ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT -

www.cambrilspark.es

its between Salou and the Port of Cambrils (the other side of Salou from Cap Salou) - it also has s sister site right in the middle of Salou

We've brought friends over the years who started bringing their friends, family etc., etc

Hard to keep a good thing quiet but I know you will try

Has anyone been to these apartments? The online reviews are the usual mixture of brilliant to terrible. We are looking for somewhere away from the main resort of Salou. Preferably quiet family apartments closer to La Pineda than Salou.

Uh oh, I feel a Cap Salou/Salou rant coming over me

We stayed in (other) apartments in Cap Salou last year.

On the plus side, it is on the route for the shuttle bus running between La Pineda - Salou - Portaventura - Cambrils. Also buses for Tarragona and Barcelona. It's a good base for going somewhere else

On the down side, Cap Salou has little to recommend it. The choice of restaurants is poor and those that are there are unimaginative. They cater for the lowest common denominator tourist market. None of the apartment complexes could be described as quiet. They all host loud entertainment until near midnight- 6 nights a week.

All of the above could be true of many Mediterranean resorts.

Whatever I think of Cap Salou, the same would be true of Salou itself, except multiplied by 10 !

If I were to go to the area again, I would be drawn to Cambrils. We made a couple of visits there and had some great food. Cambrils has retained some of it's identity as a place where Spaniards live and work, whereas Salou & Cap Salou are just tourist locations.

This is our first time on holiday since we have had our 3rd child and therefore cannot avail of hotels anymore. Nice family apartments seem to be harder to find than I thought. I like the idea of Cambrils Park. Is it near the bus routes for Port Aventura?

We're staying there this year - all I've heard are good reviews so far - trying not to count the days down from this far out!!

Holiday accomodation close to Port Aventura

Would you need to be renting a car to stay at Cambrils Park?

Also, we would have no issue staying further from Port Aventura if it was still easily accessable by public transport.

Last edited: