Side Gate/Door

U

Unregistered

Hi,

I have just moved into a new semi-d house and I need to get a wooden gate fitted for the side passage. I have rang a couple of places but have got quotes of 500-600 euro. I really just need a basic wooden gate that we can bolt from the inside. I remember on my last house paying about 150 for one, including fitting, but can't for the life of me remember who we got it from.

Can anybody recommend a company in Dublin or Kildare for such a job?

Thanks,
Tom

Ignore that question, I found the key post!

Thanks,
Tom

I'm having the same problem trying to locate a bog standard wooden side gate

that is reasonably priced i.e below E200. Any ideas on where to go to get one.
Is it worth travelling across the border to get one.

Why not try a scrap/salvage yard or a skip (suppose it would be polite to ask first though) as quite often perfectly reusable doors/gates are thrown away. If you're in Dublin MAC's salvage yard over in Islandbridge can sometimes have some useful stuff like this. My mother got a brand new indoor glass panel door (excluding glass and beading) for Eur20, supplied and fitted the glass/beading herself (c. Eur100 from a place on the New Cabra Road) and it came it a lot less than the several hundred euro that she was quoted for the lot elsewhere.

We got ours supplied and fitted with pad lock and all from a guy in Santry. Its the "Side Gate Man" or something like that. Got the number out of the Northside news. He came and was gone in a couple of hours. great job.

Forgot to add that it was 160 euro for the lot.

thanks for those suggestions ,I will take them on board while I search for the elusive cheap side gate.

Back