Sick Day Report

you don't need to be a qualified doctor to know that you don't get the flu for one day yet on a number of occassions I've got sick notes for a day or 2 signed by doctors. who said the person had "the flu".
We actually at one stage refused to accept doctors note from one practise because the doctors on there simply said the person was sick.

Maybe we'd be better off and adopt the teachers policies of not needing sick notes at all, or at least on the 31 days uncertifed sick leave they are "allowed"

you don't need to be a qualified doctor to know that you don't get the flu for one day yet on a number of occassions I've got sick notes for a day or 2 signed by doctors. who said the person had "the flu".
Stomach flu can last 1-6 days, or perhaps more likely the doctor was referring to the layman's understanding of 'flu' as the common cold. I've been out for 1 or 2 days due to colds from time to time.

We actually at one stage refused to accept doctors note from one practise because the doctors on there simply said the person was sick.
I'm sure there are some dodgy docs out there (that's the private sector for you), but there may well be very good reason for a person not wanting to disclose their illness to their employer. Would you really want to hand in a form with 'Gonorrhoea' written on it? Or a form with 'anorexia' on it? Or a form with 'depressed and suicidal' on it?

Maybe we'd be better off and adopt the teachers policies of not needing sick notes at all, or at least on the 31 days uncertifed sick leave they are "allowed"
THe actual figures of leave taken are quite interesting, about one day per teacher per year - see [broken link removed]
Batt O'Thief showed himself to be a dumb as [broken link removed], when the distribution across the week is actually quite even.

Nope, I was in work

Ok. I thought you were the '****s' that txt/emailed in, complaining that their wife handed out sick certs like they were smarties and it was a disgrace to the honest hard working man