Sicily

jph

Hi,

thinking of going to Sicily for a week in August - where is the best place to go there and also is it better to get a package deal of flight and accommodation or is it possible to travel independently?

thanks

First thing is that it'll be hot in August - very hot.

Crowded too in some spots, and hence expensive.

Having said that, it's a great place. I've been twice in the past four years (both times to Taormina, which is a good spot). Travelled once on a package http://www.crystalholidays.ie/ and once indpendently. Not much difference in price, from what I recall.

Both times stayed pretty much local, though also on both times hired a car from a local operator for a couple of days to get around a bit (quite reasonable).

June or September is definitely a better tome to go, though.

It's a great place: I'd highly recommend.

There is at least one existing detailed thread about Sicily if I recall correctly. Use the search to find it. I agree about August - it will be very hot!

Thanks for the replies and the information.

Sorry Clubman - I looked for a previous thread on Sicily but couldn't track it down - maybe you could direct me to it?

thanks again

jph

Check out [broken link removed] as I am fairly sure they have a hotel in Sicily. You can also book flights via their website if you so wish.

We have stayed at two of their hotels, Ischia and Sardinia, and found them to be great value - only problem is the weight gain from eating three meals a day.

Back