Shower pull cord string always on

B

bleu

My bathroom shower pull cord string is broken and always set to on (nothing to do with the shower itself, the on/off button is working properly). I am wondering if having this pull cord always set to on is spending any electricity?

My bathroom shower pull cord string is broken and always set to on (nothing to do with the shower itself, the on/off button is working properly). I am wondering if having this pull cord always set to on is spending any electricity?
If there is a red light on, then you are using a minimal amount of power used to run the bulb. If not, then no - you are using no power. Slim

Mine broke the other day, got a replacement in b and q for about 20 euro and replaced it myself. There are a lot of different types so turn off at fusebox, remove and take to shop and get an identical one.

Make very sure to get good tight connections if you are replacing one of these yourself. Showers pull a lot of current, so poor/loose connetions will cause overheating issues and would be a fire risk.
Leo