Shower problems

Just the One

I have a pump on my shower and while having a shower this morning I noticed that the shower seemed very powerful (more than normal). It sounded as though it was trying to push too much water through the shower head.

Anyhow, my wife got into the shower after me and didn't think that it was that powerful. I went to the hotpress and had a listen. It sounded as though the shower was scrambling for water if you know what I mean.

I suppose the best way to describe it is that the shower was trying to pull the water out of the copper cylinder but wasn't getting enough water for the amount of suction the pump was generating.

Has anyone got any suggestions please?

Does your HW cylinder have a Warix flange fitted at the top (or Essex at the side - my understanding is the Warix flange has better flow) where the hot water is drawn from? If not, you could have a restricted flow of hot water to your shower pump, especially if hot water was being used elsewhere in the house.

I noticed that the shower seemed very powerful (more than normal). It sounded as though it was trying to push too much water through the shower head.
the shower was trying to pull the water out of the copper cylinder but wasn't getting enough water

or just me:) , but i don't understand your post.
The start of it seems to imply "plenty of water" while the end of it "not enought water"???

Back