Shower over bath - what do I need to get?

mainie

I moved into a new house a few months ago. It has an electric shower in the en suite and just a shower hose from the mixer taps over the bath in the main bathroom. This has a little mount thing on the wall to attach it to. What I'd like to do is get wall mounted controls for it and a shower head thats attached to the wall too and maybe a pump to improve the power. What do I need to get? Anyone done this before and how much does it cost? Should I just get a power shower? Which is cheaper?

Thanks

Check search engine there is some threads along these lines, might be of help to you

sounds like what you're looking for is a thermostatic shower valve working off a pump. A standard power shower would be cheaper. Take a look around the bathroom showrooms and get an idea of what is available in both lines and take a note of prices.

You're probably talking €300 plus for the pump and another €300 plus on the thermostatis shower if you go that route. This option will mean you must have hot water available for the shower. You could get a decent power shower for half that total.

It's all down to how much flow/power you're looking for, and whether you have a good supply of hot water.
Leo

Me thinks you'll need a shower screen also because if you are going to raise the height of the shower the water will splash further. Some of the 4 door ones where they fold back on each other are great for space saving. They have them in Homebase, B&Q and Woodies.

I have a shower head over bath with mixer taps too. Due to low water pressure had to get a new pump recently. Plumber quoted 800e for the pump and 1200e for a 'strong' pump. Opted for the 'strong' pump and while there is a huge improvement in the water pressure, it could not be described as a power shower. If your water pressure is poor I'd opt for the power shower. Hope this helps.

Back