shower circuit breaker problem

S

SSamantha

My electric shower tripped the circuit breaker, is this a problem with the unit itself or an electrical problem. Where do I start, call an electrician or a plumber? I am renting the property, is this a land lord problem or will it ultimately be my problem? Thank you

The shower circuit breaker is very sensitive so if it resets ok and the shower works then there may be nothing wrong.

In any case the shower is part of the basic equipment of the property, so it's down to the landlord.

Thanks Hoagy; the circuit braker resets, but shortly afterwards it pops off again. I have contacted the rental agency, and waiting for the plumber to contact me. Thanks again

Theres definitely a problem.if its tripping when running it could be too small a breaker,it could be an earth fault.if its tripping when its not running its a danger,either way it needs professional attention,personally i wouldn't stand under running water close too a dangerous electrical appliance.

Sometimes the fuse can be too light for showers and any slight surge can set it off.
Take off front panel and look for any water that shouldn't be there. Replaced mine only a few weeks ago because of a leak on top of the heating element chamber (got a price to replace part for 190, new one cost me 280 so just bought and fitted new one)

Back