Should Tax Defaulters be Jailed?

One of my neighbours was on that list. Got stung for 315k! (Stung = I am happy they got caught!!)

You might want to re-write the above! They did not get stung - they owed and did not pay - there is a difference.
This country is corrupt to the core. Those neighbours were indeed simply unfortunate.

We live in a country where TDs can arbitrarily help themselves to taxpayers' money - our money. In this environment, I say good luck to people who get away with not paying tax. Why should they?

Seems to be dog eat dog.

You might want to re-write the above! They did not get stung - they owed and did not pay - there is a difference.

mf

If you have read any of my previous posts on this matter you will see that I am against people doing this kind of thing. Stung to me means they've gotten caught and now have to pay.

I know what you're saying but to me (and many I'd say) the implication of the word 'stung' is that the money is expected to be coughed up in what is regarded by the 'cougher' as unfair circumstances!

'In this environment, I say good luck to people who get away with not paying tax. Why should they?'

Leghorn - here is the point. They did not get away with it. They were caught. You have no idea who they were and whether they were unfortunate (?) or engaged in criminal activity.

mf

mf - I'd rather we had no rules at all, rather than this current system of 'legal theft' the upper echelons seem to enjoy while the rest of us are screwed.

Trust me, I'm delighted this guy got done for it. Me hopes the penalties were far bigger than his original amount.