Should I fix the car or trade-in?

knockers

My wife drives 00 Reg Matiz which has developed some issue as it jumps while moving in 1st and 2nd gear. other than this issue the car is all right.
The garage guy told me that clutch needs to be replaced and would cost around € 400. Now Should I fix the car and trade-in for another car ( I checked the trade-in value at 1,500).

I need bit of advice here.

Cheers,
KS

Depends on what you want to do. If you want to trade in let the garage bear the costs - its cheap for them to do it all they have to pay for are parts, they are already paying for the mechanics. If you are going to sell privately get fixed thru an independent garage. Are you planning to change because the clutch is giving trouble?

TBH doesn't sound like the clutch is gone to me. Best way to test this is try and start off in 3rd gear, if you can get going without stalling then the clutch is going - another way to test this is to accellerate hard in a high gear from low speeds if the revs get higher and the car is not accellerating then you may have clutch problems.

Yes, I am thinking of changing due to clutch issue and also NCT is due on it soon. Guess it would fail NCT, if the car has issue moving around in 1st and 2nd gear isnt it?

Yes, I am thinking of changing due to clutch issue and also NCT is due on it soon. Guess it would fail NCT, if the car has issue moving around in 1st and 2nd gear isnt it?

I would get a 2nd opinion on the clutch