Should I fix boiler prior to selling house?

FWIW, a suvery I had carried out recently recommended getting additional electrical and plumbing surveys, so I wouldn't be sure that a building surveyor would catch a faulty boiler.

Yes-let's hope those who steal broadband and evade stamp duty also experience karma.

1. I didn't evade stamp duty.

2. It was sharing broadband.

3. I was neither hurting or taking anyone for a ride.

I have morals. Unlike some of the "clients" on here.

I don't think they check this unless there is oil in the boiler.
A friend of mine recently bought a house only to discover not only was the boiler out of service - not only had it NEVER worked (despite the house being rented out for 2 years by its previous owner) - but most of the boilers in the location were also wired incorrectly on installation and so didn't work.

Incredible as it may seem - an entire estate was built with faulty boiler installations! Plumber said he'd made a fortune out here and whoever installed them had made a haims of it.

I have seen a number of snag lists prepared by a number of different companies. On one no key to a window was available. This was stated on sheet. For the cost of a snag list a surveyor cant be expected to wait an hour to check if the heating is working ok.

I find this whole thread rather disturbing.

Yes, there is a good chance the surveyor will not check that the heating is working. The buyers will probably assume it is in order.

However - this is very dishonest and a fairly major fault with a house IMO. Heating is important and its very unfair to let a buyer move in and have no working heating.

If I were you I would inform any interested buyers that the heating is not in operation but that you are willing to offer a sum towards the repair. Do the right thing - this isnt like a mark on the wall or scratch on the floor - heating is fairly essential.