Should I change money into US$ or use ATM card

M

MissH

I will be travelling to the usa at end april and was wondering should i change my money into dollars or just use my atm card over there. I know the atm card will work as i have used it before

Re: Should i change money into dollars or use atm card

You could get better rates on ATM cards, but you may be charged an currency conversion charge by the bank (depends on the bank).

You could also consider pre-loading your credit card and using it to access cash, as this could work out the cheapest. One potential pitfall is that you will be liable for any fraudulent activity on your account when it is in credit.

Have a look at some of the resources in this [broken link removed], and use the search facility to view previous discussions on this issue.

Thanks for that, dont think my credit card is an option as even with putting the spending money it, what can i say it still wont clear it . Think I will prob go with travellers cheques and a small amount of cash

Travellers cheques are a disaster - avoid at all costs. they are expensive and difficult to change into cash.
If the credit card is not an option, then just bring your ATM. Check with your bank to make sure your ATM will work in the US before you go.

i know my atm card will work, have used it when I was there last. I have never had any trouble with travellers cheques before