Health Insurance Shortfall per night

boltownes

I am currently on Laya Flex Explore 250. I've just noticed that there is a €200 shortfall per night for special and other procedures in Blackrock, Beacon and Mater Private. Is there a similar plan which would not have this shortfall? I'm not interested in outpatient benefits. Thanks.

boltownes,

Just to note, this shortfall of 200 per night does NOT apply to Beacon hospital.

Regarding the lowest shortfall per night for Blackrock Clinic and Mater Private, 175 per night is the lowest amount, Laya Simplicity plan price 1087.

For plans with no hi-tech shortfall per night, you are talking top level plan 'Empower 150 Connect' price 3109pa.
This plan would cover a private room in all 3 hi-tech hospitals, with unlimited access, no shortfalls.
[broken link removed]

As mentioned in a recent post, Blackrock Clinic and Mater Private have a waiver system in place whereby they don't charge any shortfall amounts
to the patient for a wide range of surgery and procedures.

Snowyb

Thanks Snowyb, I've since looked at Irish Life Health's Be Fit 1 which seems to offer just an excess of 250 euro per claim. No mention of a shortfall per night. Is this too good to be true?

On Be Fit 1 plan, there is no cover for Blackrock Clinic or Mater Private for special and other procedures(so it is too good to be true).
There is cover for Beacon hospital with a one off excess 250, which is the same for Flex 250 Explore.

Snowyb

Laya Simplicity shortfall €175 per night in Mater Private. Is this for semi private or private?

This refers to a semi-private bed in the Mater Private.
It would be for a private room in Blackrock Clinic as they don't have shared wards, all single room accommodation as standard.

Snowyb

On Be Fit 1 plan, there is no cover for Blackrock Clinic or Mater Private for special and other procedures(so it is too good to be true).
There is cover for Beacon hospital with a one off excess 250, which is the same for Flex 250 Explore.

Snowyb

I'm afraid this is not true Snowyb.

Be Fit 1 does cover Blackrock Clinic and Mater Private for both special procedures and cardiac procedures with a one off 250 excess per claim.There is no cover for other procedures except day case procedures which have a 50 euro excess per claim in both private and all high tech hospitals.The plan also gives a full refund of first visit to a consultant or a gp or visit to accident and emergency and half back for 7 subsequent visits.

Stevekl, yes your absolutely right. I was referring to the 3rd heading under hi-tech hospital cover on HIA.ie which has no cover for Mater Private or
Blackrock Clinic on Be Fit 1 plan - procedures other than cardiac or special, which is correct. I should have specified more clearly.

Beacon hospital is covered with a one off 250 excess under this heading.
Once a person is ok with that, Be Fit 1 plan is a good plan worth considering as an alternative to Flex 250 Explore with extra day to day cover etc.

1st and 2nd heading under hi-tech hospital cover on Be Fit 1 - cardiac and special procedures are both covered in all 3 hi-tech hospitals with a one off 250 excess per claim, with a 2000 co payment on certain orthopaedic procedures. Plus day case 50 excess per visit in all private and hi-tech hospitals. Good day to day cover included.

[broken link removed]