Short term - quick access

dazzerb

Hello

I have a new Davy Select account and large amount cash (€100k+) that I was using for a deposit on a home. The house fell through and unlikely buy for next six months so need a 'safe' short term place to put this money in meanwhile.

What are the kind of instruments should I be looking at other than deposit accounts, short term bonds and absolute return funds?

No looking for any investment advice, I just need a list of options that I can research myself.

Thank you!

Deposit account IMO is the only option here, given the time frame, and mandatory requirement of capital preservation.

Deposit account - with or without notice, depending on need to access funds, is only option imho - 2 out of 2, so far

Variable deposit account. Too short a period to risk market volatility.

Look at your capacity for loss - in the worst case scenario of whatever strategy you pick, will it have an adverse effect on your lifestyle? In your case, you may not be able to buy your home, so the answer is yes (I know you said you weren't looking for investment advice :rolleyes: )

Steven
http://www.bluewaterfp.ie (www.bluewaterfp.ie)

Prize bonds may be another option.At least your capital is safe and winnings are tax free

Back